Stop Easton Park are pleased to announce a colouring/painting/drawing competition for children of all ages up to age 16.
Through the eyes of our children we aim to raise awareness of what Easton Park could look like in the years to come if we win our battle to restore it for the benefit of all. Never has open space, recreation, the countryside and wildlife been so important to our own and the wider community.
We hope you will spread the word about the competition to your children, younger relatives and friends.
Following the announcement of the latest lockdown and the delayed opening of most schools we recognise that many of you may have more time on your hands. We wanted to let you know that we DO NOT have a limit on the number of entries a person can submit, so you are free to send us as many entries as you like!
If you run out of paints, pencils and crayons, we understand that The Toy Box is taking telephone orders between 10-2pm Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri.
Also, we recommend that the best way to make a submission is to photograph your entry and sent to email@example.com. Make sure that your entry includes contact details and age. If you cannot take a photograph then please send a message to the same e-mail address and we will try to make alternative arrangements to collect your entry.
Closing date for entries – Sunday 31st January, 2021.
Infants can optionally choose a template to colour-in rather than draw their own. Click an image below for to print template (they are also available at The Toy Box (Dunmow).
Artwork should be presented on size A3 or A4 paper or card
For full details see below.
Photograph & e-mail your entries with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop them into the Toy Box, Dunmow.
Children's Art Competition Rules
CLOSING DATE: SUNDAY 31st JANUARY 2021
The theme of the competition is ‘What Would You Like To See in Easton Park?’ Artwork should typically
depict the artist’s imagination of the countryside, flora and fauna of Easton Park in five years time and/or
what recreation activities should exist for their benefit.
CATEGORIES & PRIZES
Entrants will be judged in four age categories:
- Infants – Four years and under – The Toybox vouchers to the value of £20 (1st), £15 (2nd) & £10 (3rd)
- 5 to 8 years – The Toybox vouchers to the value of £25 (1st), £15 (2nd) & £10 (3rd)
- 8 to 12 years – The Toybox vouchers to the value of £25 (1st), £15 (2nd) & £10 (3rd)
- 12 to 16 years – Cash prizes of £30 (1st), £20 (2nd) & £10 (3rd)
- There is no entrance fee.
- Artwork can be submitted by e-mailing a clear photograph, solely of the work, to
email@example.com OR by dropping the artwork into The Toy Box, Tudor House, Church End,
CM6 2AF. The name and age of the artist plus day/evening contact details should be provided upon
submission either by e-mail or by writing on the back of the picture.
- In the event that a prize is to be awarded or there is a tie, the physical artwork should be made available
for viewing by a judge.
CRITERIA FOR ARTWORK
- Entrants can use any of the following material to produce their picture:
• Pencil, Pen, Crayon, Pastel, Oil/Water Paints or other similar materials.
- Artwork should be presented on size A3 or A4 paper or card,
- Under fives can optionally choose to use a provided template for colouring-in. Templates will be made
available on www.stopeastonpark.co.uk or from The Toy Box.
- Should an older entrant choose to use a template for reasons of disability then the entry will still be
considered in the age category for that entrant but account will be taken of the disability if that reason is
outlined in a separate e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such e-mails will be treated in the strictest
- The judges will be members of the Stop Easton Park Committee. But a professional artist from Birch
Gallery, Colchester has been retained should the judges feel the need to take further advice.
- Judging will take place in during February with winners contacted and publicly announced by 12th
February 2021 by being published on www.stopeastonpark.co.uk.
- Winners in each category will only be identified by their first name and age unless parents give
authorisation for the family name to also appear.
- Entries will be judged on both originality, artistic merit and adherence to the competition theme.
- In support of the campaign to restore Easton Park, Stop Easton Park would like to compile a
compendium of photographs of prize winning and selected other entries to send to Uttlesford District
Council and also publish on Stop Easton Park’s website and social media sites. Prior parental
permission will be sought by Stop Easton Park for each such entry.
- Individual entrants names, ages and contact details will be kept confidential unless parents have
previously waived that confidentiality.